Administrative Assistant and Events Coordinator
Breakthrough is looking to hire a full time Administrative Assistant and Events Coordinator to provide support to the executive and operations team. This includes the daily operations of a small non-profit as well as planning of events, including an annual conference in June. This is a great entry-level position for a smart, capable person interested in a career in nonprofit management, event planning, and administration.
As Breakthrough is a small and growing organization, this position will have the opportunity to contribute to a number of different areas related to the operation of the think tank. Ideally, the candidate would be available to start as soon as possible.
- Administrative Processes General administrative support, including filing expenses, handling executive team's expense reports, handling all invoices and billing, taking notes during staff meetings, scheduling travel, and having a full understanding of internal handling processes
- Support to executive team Provide support to executive team by managing communication regarding travel itineraries, meeting scheduling, and information inquiries between Breakthrough staff and outside contacts, handling internal schedule, meeting agendas, and building itineraries
- Office Management Office organization, including answering phones, supply maintenance, communicating with the building managers, setting up work spaces for fellows and new hires, serve as liaison with neighboring tenant, upkeep of internal network and equipment
- Event Planning and Coordination Planning and providing support for annual conference (Breakthrough Dialogue) as well as various events, presentations, meetings, and dinners throughout the year Serve as a liaison for attendees of the Breakthrough Dialogue, helping them arrange travel to the conference, answering questions, and processing registrations, be a contact person for venue and vendors, including the billing and handling of all contracts, payments, follow up, expenses, and gratitude
- Support to operations team—network upkeep, development and fundraising related tasks, database maintenance
This position reports to the Operations and Development Manager
- An interest in Breakthrough's core mission
- Four year college degree
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High level of organization and keen attention to detail
- High level of proficiency on Macs
- Experience in event planning preferred (college experience okay)
Salary commensurate with experience.
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume here.