Breakthrough is currently seeking an Executive Assistant/Events Coordinator.
Breakthrough is looking to hire a full-time Executive Assistant/Events Coordinator to provide support to the executive staff and to help plan various events, including our annual June conference. This is a great entry-level position for a smart, capable person interested in a career in nonprofit events management and nonprofit operations. As Breakthrough is a small and growing organization, the Executive Assistant/Events Coordinator will have the opportunity to contribute to a number of different areas related to the operation of the think tank. Ideally, the candidate would be available to start in March.
- Assistance to the Breakthrough principals running the day to day operations of the think tank
- Planning and providing support for various events and dinners throughout the year
- General administrative support, including filing expenses, handling invoices and billing, taking notes during staff meetings, scheduling travel
- Office maintenance and organization, including answering phones, supply maintenance, communicating with the building managers, setting up work spaces for fellows and new hires
- Working with our Director of Development, Events, and Operations and outside events consultant to plan and execute the Breakthrough Dialogue, Breakthrough's annual June conference
- Serve as a liaison for attendees of the Breakthrough Dialogue, helping them arrange travel to the conference, answering questions, and processing registrations
- Four year college degree
- Experience in event planning preferred (college experience okay)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Keen attention to detail and high level of organization
- High level of proficiency on Macs
- An interest in Breakthrough's core mission
Salary commensurate with experience.
To apply for this position, click here.
The Breakthrough Institute is an equal opportunity employer