1. Richard Nemec, “U.S. Reindustrialization an Offshoot of Natural Gas Boom,” Pipeline & Gas Journal, Vol. 239, No. 7 (July 2012).
2. Gold, Russell. “Rise in U.S. Gas Production Fuels Unexpected Plunge in Emissions,” Wall Street Journal (18 Apr. 2013).
3. Wang, Z., & Krupnick, A. “A Retrospective Review of Shale Gas Development in the United States: What Led to the Boom?”, SSRN Electronic Journal (2013).
4. Trembath, Alex, Jesse Jenkins, Ted Nordhaus, and Michael Shellenberger. “Where the Shale Gas Revolution Came from?“ The Breakthrough Institute. 2012.
5. Wang, Z., & Krupnick, A. “A Retrospective Review of Shale Gas Development in the United States: What Led to the Boom?”, SSRN Electronic Journal (2013).
6. Lei Tian, Zhongmin Wang, Alan Krupnick, and Xiaoli Liu, Stimulating Shale Gas Development in China: A Comparison with the U.S. Experience (Washington, DC: Resources for the Future Discussion Paper 14-18, Jul. 2014).
7. Dittrick, Paula. “UK government lifts hydraulic fracturing ban”, Oil and Gas Journal (13 Dec, 2012).
8. Desheng Hu and Shengqing Xu, “Opportunity, challenges and policy choices for China on the development of shale gas,” Energy Policy, Vol. 60 (2013), pp. 21-26.
9. Krupnick, Alan. Presentation at The Future of Fuel: Toward the Next Decade of U.S. Energy Policy, RFF First Wednesday Seminar, Resources for the Future (28 Nov. 2012).
10. Helm, Dieter. The Carbon Crunch: How We’re Getting Climate Change Wrong—and How to Fix It (New Have, CT: Yale University Press, 2012), p. 164.
11. Gold, Russell. The Boom: How Fracking Ignited the American Energy Revolution and Changed the World. Simon and Schuster, 2014.
13. Trembath, Alex. “U.S. Coal Exports Do Not Offset Massive Emissions Reductions from Natural Gas,” The Breakthrough Institute (19 Aug. 2014), available at: http://thebreakthrough.org/index.php/voices/energetics/us-exports-have-little-discernable-impact-on-massive-global-coal-growth.
14. Webber, Jude. “Mexico courts foreign investment with energy reform,” Financial Times (12 Dec. 2013), available at: http://on.ft.com/1j06xqs.
15. Moran, Michael. “Peso Me Mucho: Why Mexico is the new darling of emerging markets,” Foreign Policy (29 Oct. 2013), available at: http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2013/10/28/peso_me_mucho_mexico_currency.
16. Trembath, Alex, Jesse Jenkins, Ted Nordhaus, and Michael Shellenberger. “Where the Shale Gas Revolution Came from?“ The Breakthrough Institute. 2012.
17. Polson, Jim and Benjamin Haas. “Sinopec Group to Buy Stakes in Devon Energy Oil Projects.” Bloomberg. January 3, 2012. http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-01-03/sinopec-agrees-to-pay-900-million-for-stakes-in-five-devon-shale-projects.html.
18. Aguilera, Roberto F., and Marian Radetzki. "Shale gas and oil: fundamentally changing global energy markets." Oil & gas journal 111.12 (2013).
Shale Gas Map References
Trembath, Alex, Jesse Jenkins, Ted Nordhaus, and Michael Shellenberger. “Where the Shale Gas Revolution Came from?“ The Breakthrough Institute. 2012
Burwen, Jason and Jane Flegal. “Case Studies on the Government’s Role in Energy Technology Innovation: Unconventional Gas Exploration and Production,” American Energy Innovation Council, March 2013. http://americanenergyinnovation.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Case-Unconventional-Gas.pdf.
Manzi, Jim. “The New American System.” National Affairs 19 (2014). http://www.nationalaffairs.com/publications/detail/the-new-american-system.
OGJ Editors, “PGNiG, Chevron reach Poland shale gas exploration agreement,” Oil and Gas Journal, April 1, 2014. http://www.ogj.com/articles/2014/04/pgnig-chevron-reach-poland-shale-gas-exploration-agreement.html.
Easton, Adam, “Poland to invest $1.6 billion in shale gas exploration by 2016,” Platts, August 27, 2014. http://www.platts.com/latest-news/natural-gas/warsaw/poland-to-invest-16-billion-in-shale-gas-exploration-26867662.
“Dead-cow bounce: Politics is the biggest hurdle to developing the enormous Vaca Muerta field,” The Economist, August 23, 2014. http://www.economist.com/news/americas/21613314-politics-biggest-hurdle-developing-enormous-vaca-muerta-field-dead-cow-bounce.
Mainwaring, Jon, “South Africa Edges Closer to Karoo Shale Gas Development,” Rigzone, July 8, 2014. http://www.rigzone.com/news/oil_gas/a/133928/South_Africa_Edges_Closer_to_Karoo_Shale_Gas_Development.
Lane, Ediwin, “UK shale plans ‘substantial’ drilling expansion,” BBC, January 13, 2014. http://www.bbc.com/news/business-25714536.
Press Release, “Total Becomes the First Major to Enter into Shale Gas Licenses in the UK,” Total, January 13, 2014. http://www.total.com/en/media/news/press-releases/total-becomes-first-major-enter-shale-gas-licences-uk.
Gonzalez, Angel and Dezember, Ryan, “Sinopec Enters U.S. Shale,” The Wall Street Journal, January 4, 2012. http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052970203550304577138493192325500.
DiLallo, Matt, “China Ready to Reap Billions From U.S. Shale Gas Technology,” The Motley Fool, August 2, 2013. http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2013/08/02/china-ready-to-reap-billions-from-us-shale-gas-tec.aspx.
Saikia, Siddhartha P. and Siddiqui, Huma, “Shale gas tops PM Narendra Modi’s agenda for US visit,” The Financial Express, September 12, 2014. http://www.financialexpress.com/news/shale-tops-pm-narendra-modi-s-agenda-for-us-visit/1288069.
Chestney, Nina, “Britain far from primed for shale gas exploration, experts say,” Reuters, March 5, 2014. http://uk.reuters.com/article/2014/03/05/uk-shale-britain-idUKBREA240LE20140305.